- Trout Fillets – 225 gms
- White Fish Fillets – 225 gms
- Water – 300 ml
- Lemon Grass – 1 stalk
- Lime Leaves – 2
- Red Chilli – 1 large
- Spring Onions – 1, trimmed and shredded
- Fresh Pineapple Flesh – 115 gms, diced
- Red Pepper – 1 small, deseeded and diced
- Watercress – 1 bunch, washed and trimmed
- Chives – Fresh and snipped, to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Sunflower Oil – 1 tblsp
- Rice Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Clear Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Rinse the fish.
- Place it in a frying pan and pour over the water.
- Bend the lemon grass in half to bruise it and add to the pan with the lime leaves.
- Prick the chilli with a fork and add to the pan.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Let it cool.
- Drain the fish fillet thoroughly.
- Flake the flesh away from the skin and place in a bowl.
- Gently stir in the spring onions, pineapple and pepper.
- Arrange the washed watercress on serving plates and spoon the cooked fish mixture on top.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Spoon over the fish.
- Garnish with chives.