- Mackerel Fillets – 4, about 150 gms each
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp, coarsely ground
- Lemon – 1 small, finely pared rind and juice
- Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- New Potatoes – 500 gms, sliced
- Spring Onions – 4, thinly sliced
- Rocket Leaves – 25 gms
- Fresh Dill Sprigs – to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Virgin Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Pinch of Sugar
- Fresh Dill – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Make 3 to 4 diagonal slashes in the skin of each mackerel fillet.
- Mix together the coarsely ground pepper, lemon juice, lemon rind and oil and pour over the fillets.
- Cover and leave to marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cook the mackerel fillets under the grill for 7 to 8 minutes, turning once, until just cooked through.
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- To make the dressing, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar together in a bowl until well blended.
- Stir in the dill and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drain the potatoes and mix gently with the spring onions and half the dressing.
- Arrange on serving plates and scatter over the rocket leaves.
- Top each salad with a hot mackerel fillet and drizzle over the rest of the dressing.
- Garnish with fresh dill sprigs and serve.