- Ripe Red William Pears – 2, cored and sliced
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Chicory – 3 heads, trimmed and leaves separated
- Watercress – 55 gms, tough stalks removed
- Smoked Trout Fillets – 225 gms
- Seedless Green Grapes – 85 gms, halved
For the Dressing:
- Crème Fraiche – 4 tblsp
- Milk – 1 tblsp
- Creamed Horseradish – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Toss the sliced pears in the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Place in a serving dish with the chicory leaves and watercress.
- Flake the smoked trout, removing any skin and fine bones.
- Scatter over the salad with the grapes.
- To make the dressing, place the crème fraiche, milk, horseradish and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
- Season with a little more pepper.