- Dried Fusilli Pasta – 200 gms
- Red Pepper – 1, deseeded and cut into quarters
- Asparagus Spears – 150 gms
- Red Onion – 1, sliced
- Tomatoes – 4, sliced
- Canned Tuna in Brine – 200 gms, drained and flaked
For the Dressing:
- Basil Flavoured Oil or Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 3 tblsp
- Lime Juice – 1 tblsp
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Fresh Basil – 4 tblsp, chopped, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and return to the boil.
- Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until just tender.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Put the pepper quarters under the grill and cook for 12 minutes until the skins begin to blacken.
- Transfer to a plastic bag, seal and set aside.
- Bring a separate pan of water to the boil, add the asparagus, and blanch for 4 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into cold water, then drain again.
- Remove the pasta from the heat, drain and set aside to cool.
- Remove the pepper quarters from the bag and peel off the skins.
- Slice the pepper into strips.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir together well.
- Add the pasta, pepper strips, asparagus, onion, tomatoes and tuna.
- Toss together gently, then divide among serving bowls.
- Garnish with basil sprigs and serve.