- Puy or Brown Lentils – 200 gms
- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp, plus extra for brushing
- New Baby Potatoes – 300 gms
- Little Gem Lettuce – 1
- Fresh Tuna Steaks – 4, about 100 gms
- Small Cherry Tomatoes – 12, halved
- Rocket Leaves – 40 gms
- Salt and Pepper
For the Dressing:
- Fruity Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Smooth Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Soft Light Brown Sugar – 1 tsp
- Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, tip into a bowl and stir in the oil.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Break off the outer lettuce leaves and cut the heart into 8 evenly sized pieces.
- Arrange on 4 individual plates.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- When the potatoes are nearly cooked, lightly brush a ridged griddle pan with oil and heat over a high heat.
- When very hot, add the tuna steaks and cook for 1 1/2 minutes on each side to sear.
- Remove to a chopping board and cut each steak into 6 chunks.
- Drain the potatoes and roughly chop any larger ones.
- Arrange with the lentils, tuna and tomatoes on the serving plates, sprinkle over the rocket leaves and spoon over the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !