- Duck Leg – 2, about 175 gms each
- Boiling Water – 300 ml
- Chinese Five Spice Powder – 1 tsp
- Mangetout – 175 gms
- Iceberg Lettuce – 1 small, finely shredded
- Celery Sticks – 2, very thinly sliced
- Spring Onions – 6, finely shredded
For the Dressing:
- Sunflower Oil – 1 tblsp
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 3 tblsp
- Rice Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Place the duck legs in a roasting tin and pour the boiling water over the skin.
- Drain off the water and pat the skins dry with kitchen paper.
- Rub the chinese five-spice powder into the duck skin.
- Roast the duck legs in the preheated oven for 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours until cooked through with golden crispy skin.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl and whisk together.
- Bring a small saucepan of water to the boil and add the mangetout.
- Cook for 2 minutes then drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Thinly slice the mangetout lengthways and place in a bowl with the lettuce, celery and nearly all the spring onions.
- Toss well to mix.
- Peel off the crispy skin from the roast duck and cut into thin strips.
- Using 2 forks pull and shred all the duck flesh from the bones.
- Arrange the salad on a platter and top with the shredded duck and crispy skin.
- Drizzle over the dressing and garnish with the rest of the spring onions.
- Serve immediately.