- Duck Breasts – 2
- Little Gem Lettuces – 2, shredded
- Beansprouts – 115 gms
- Yellow Pepper – 1, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- Cucumber – 1/2, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- Shredded Lime Zest – to garnish
- Shredded Coconut – to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Juice of 2 Limes
- Thai Fish Sauce – 3 tblsp
- Soft Brown Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 2 tsp
- Fresh Ginger – 1 inch, grated
- Fresh Mint – 3 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Basil – 3 tblsp, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F.
- Place the duck breasts on a rack set over a roasting tin and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until cooked as desired and the skin is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, beansprouts, pepper and cucumber.
- Cut the cooled duck into slices and add to the salad.
- Mix well.
- To make the dressing, whisk together the lime juice, thai fish sauce, sugar, chilli sauce, ginger, mint and basil in a bowl.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss well.
- Turn the salad out onto a serving platter.
- Garnish with the lime zest and shredded coconut before serving.