- Chicken Stock – 1 litre
- Mixed Long Grain and Wild Rice – 175 gms
- Sunflower or Corn Oil – 2 tblsp
- Turkey Breast – 225 gms, skinless, boneless and trimmed of all visible fat and cut into thin strips
- Mangetout – 225 gms
- Oyster Mushrooms – 115 gms, torn into pieces
- Shelled Pistachio Nuts – 55 gms, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Garlic Chives – 1 tblsp, snipped
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Garlic Chives
- Reserve 3 tblsp of the chicken stock and bring the remainder to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice and cook for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain and leave to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tblsp of the oil in a preheated frying pan.
- Stir-fry the turkey over a medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the turkey to a dish.
- Add the mangetout and mushrooms to the pan, and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the reserved stock, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables to the dish and leave to cool slightly.
- Thoroughly mix the rice, turkey, mangetout, mushrooms, nuts, coriander and garlic chives together, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with the remaining sunflower oil and the vinegar and garnish with fresh garlic chives.
- Serve warm.