- Sunflower Oil – 4 tblsp
- Fresh Red Chilli – 1, deseeded and chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Prawns – 48
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley – chopped, to garnish
For Pineapple and Papaya Salsa:
- Large Papaya – 1, halved, deseeded, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- Small Pineapple – 1, halved, cored, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- Spring Onions – 2, very finely chopped
- Red Chilli – 1, deseeded and finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, very finely chopped
- Lemon Juice – 2 1/2 tsp
- Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Pepper as per taste
- To make the pineapple and papaya salsa, put the papaya in a large bowl with the pineapple, spring onions, chilli, garlic, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Adjust the lemon juice, cumin, salt or pepper to taste, if necessary.
- Cover and chill until required, ideally for at least 2 hours.
- Heat a wok over a high heat.
- Add the oil and swirl around, then add the chilli and garlic and stir fry for about 20 seconds.
- Add the prawns and stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the prawns are cooked through, become pink and curl.
- Tip the prawns, garlic and any oil left in the wok into a heatproof bowl and leave the prawns to cool and marinate in the chilli oil.
- When the prawns are completely cool, cover the bowl and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, give the salsa a stir and adjust the seasoning, if necessary.
- Arrange a mound of salsa on each plate.
- Remove the prawns from the marinade and divide between plates.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !