- Smoked Chicken – 1 (about 1.3kg)
- Dried Cranberries – 115 gms
- Apple Juice or Water – 2 tblsp
- Mangetout – 200 gms
- Lettuce Hearts – 4
- Ripe Avocados – 2, peeled, stoned and sliced
- Watercress – 1 bunch, trimmed
- Rocket Leaves – 55 gms
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Walnut Oil – 1 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Fresh Mixed Herbs – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Carve the chicken carefully, slicing the white meat.
- Divide the legs into thighs and drumsticks and trim the wings.
- Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate.
- Put the cranberries in a bowl.
- Stir in the apple juice, cover with clingfilm and leave to soak for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blanch the mangetout, refresh under cold running water and drain.
- Separate the lettuce hearts and arrange on a large serving platter with the avocados, mangetout, watercress, rocket leaves and the chicken.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw top jar and shake until well blended.
- Drain the cranberries and mix them with the dressing, then pour over the salad.
- Serve immediately.