- Chicken Breasts – 2, skinless and boneless (about 175 gms each)
- Bouquet Garni – 1
- Black Peppercorns – few
- Pink Grapefruit – 2
- Gem Lettuces – 3 little, separated into leaves
- Chicory – 1 head, separated into leaves
- Chervil Sprigs – fresh, to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Light Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Greek Yogurt – 3 tblsp
- Wholegrain Mustard – 1 tsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Fresh Chervil – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan and pour over enough water to cover.
- Add the bouquet garni and peppercorns and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until just cooked through.
- Leave the chicken to cool in the liquid.
- Using a serrated knife, cut away the peel and pith from the grapefruit.
- Holding the fruit over a bowl to catch any juice, segment the flesh.
- Reserve 2 tblsp of the juice.
- Toss the salad leaves in a bowl with the grapefruit segments.
- To make the dressing, place all the ingredients in a small bowl with the reserved grapefruit juice.
- Whisk together until thoroughly blended.
- Drain the poached chicken and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Tear into bite sized strips or thinly slice.
- Arrange on top of the salad.
- Drizzle over the dressing and garnish with chervil sprigs.