- French Beans – 500 gms
- Strawberries – 500 gms
- Pistachio Nuts – 2 to 3 tblsp
- Fresh Mint Leaves – 1 small bunch
- Feta Cheese – 500 gms (drained weight)
- Pepper as required
For the Dressing:
- Raspberry Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Caster Sugar – 2 tsp
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tblsp
- Pinch of Salt
- Olive Oil – 125 ml
- To make the dressing, mix the vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the oil, whisking constantly.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 minutes, or until just tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh the beans under cold running water.
- Hull and halve the strawberries, then add to the beans.
- Stir in the pistachio nuts and mint leaves.
- Toss the salad with enough of the dressing to coat lightly.
- Break the feta cheese into chunks and scatter over the salad.
- Add a good grinding of the pepper and serve immediately.