- Watercress – 115 gms, tough stalks removed
- Strawberries – 350 gms, sliced
- Avocado – 1 ripe
- Lemon Juice – 1 tblsp
- Cucumber – 1/4, finely diced
- Walnuts – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- Balsamic Vinegar – 100 ml
- Sugar – 2 tblsp
- To make the balsamic glaze, place the vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
- Simmer gently for 5 to 6 minutes until syrupy.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- Place the watercress in a serving dish.
- Scatter over the strawberries.
- Halve, stone, peel and slice the avocado and toss gently in the lemon juice.
- Add to the salad.
- Scatter over the cucumber and walnuts.
- Drizzle the glaze over the salad.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper and serve immediately.