- Watermelon – 1, about 1.5 kg
- Seedless Red Grapes – 115 gms
- Figs – 4
For the Syrup Dressing:
- Lime – 1
- Grated Rind and Juice of 1 Orange
- Maple Syrup – 1 tblsp
- Clear Honey – 2 tblsp
- Cut the watermelon into quarters.
- Scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Cut the flesh away from the rind and then chop the flesh into 1 inch cubes.
- Place the watermelon cubes in a bowl with the grapes.
- Cut each fig lengthways into 8 wedges and add to the bowl.
- To make the syrup dressing, grate the lime and mix the rind with the orange rind and juice, maple syrup and honey in a small saucepan.
- Bring to the boil over a low heat.
- Pour the mixture over the fruit and stir.
- Leave to cool
- Stir again, cover and chill in the refrigerator for at-least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Divide the fruit salad equally and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !