- Honeydew Melon – 1
- Green Apples – 2
- Kiwi Fruit – 2
- Green Grapes – 125 gms, seedless
- Fresh Mint Sprigs – to decorate
For Syrup Dressing:
- Lemon – 1
- White Wine – 150 ml
- Water – 150 ml
- Clear Honey – 4 tblsp
- Fresh Mint – few sprigs
- To make the syrup dressing, pare the rind from the lemon using a peeler.
- Put the lemon rind in a saucepan with the white wine, water and clear honey.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove the syrup from the heat.
- Add the sprigs of mint and leave to cool.
- To prepare the fruit, first cut the melon in half and scoop out the seeds.
- Use a melon baller or a teaspoon to make melon balls.
- Core and chop the apples.
- Peel and slice the kiwi fruit.
- Strain the cooled syrup in a serving bowl, removing and reserving the lemon rind and discarding the mint sprigs.
- Add the apple, kiwi fruit, grapes and melon to the serving bowl.
- Stir through gently to mix.
- Decorate with the fresh mint sprigs and some of the reserved lemon rind.