- Squid Tubes and Tentacles – 12, cleaned and prepared
- Olive Oil – 2 to 3 tblsp
- Red Chillies – 1 to 2, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Spring Onions – 2, finely chopped
- Lemon Wedges – for squeezing and to serve
- Watercress – 3 handfuls
- Baby Spinach or Rocket Leaves – 2
- Salt and Pepper
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 100 ml
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Caster Sugar – 1 tsp
- Shallots – 2, thinly sliced
- Tomato – 1, peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
- Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Cut the squid tubes into 2 inch pieces, then score diamond patterns lightly across the flesh with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat.
- Add the squid pieces and tentacles and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the chillies and spring onions and stir fry for a further minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add a good squeeze of lemon juice.
- Mix the watercress and spinach together, then toss with enough of the dressing to coat lightly.
- Serve immediately with the squid, together with the lemon wedges to squeeze over the squid.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !