- Avocados – 2, stoned, peeled and cubed
- Cherry Tomatoes – 250 gms, halved
- Red Peppers – 2, deseeded and chopped
- Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley – handful
- Garlic Cloves – 2, crushed
- Fresh Red Chilli – 1, deseeded and finely chopped
- Juice of half Lemon
- Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- Sesame Seeds – 3 tblsp
- Fresh Tuna Steaks – 4, about 150 gms each
- New Potatoes – 8, cooked and cubed
- Fresh Rocket Leaves – to serve
- Fresh Crusty Bread – to serve
- Pepper as required
- Toss the avocados, tomatoes, red peppers, parsley, garlic, chilli, lemon juice and 2 tblsp of the oil together in a large bowl.
- Season to taste with pepper, cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Lightly crush the sesame seeds in a mortar with a pestle.
- Tip the crushed seeds on to a plate and spread out.
- Press each tuna steak in turn into the crushed seeds to coat on both sides.
- Heat 2 tblsp of the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the potatoes and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
- Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.
- Wipe out the pan, add the remaining oil and heat over a high heat until very hot.
- Add the tuna steaks and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- To serve, divide the avocado salad between 4 serving plates.
- Top each with a tuna steak, scatter over the potatoes and rocket leaves and serve with crusty bread.