4-5 apples, cored and sliced
2 1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups vinegar
1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 tsp garam masala
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dried ginger powder
2 onions, sliced
8-10 green chilies
1. In a large non-aluminium pan, combine vinegar, sugar, salt, garam masala, ginger powder and fresh ginger. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is completely dissolved.
3. Add onion and apple slices and cook.
4. Add green chilies and cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture becomes thick.
5. Cool and store in an airtight container.