- Cos Lettuce – 8 outer leaves
- French Beans – 100 gms, lightly cooked
- Baby Carrots – 100 gms, lightly cooked
- New Potatoes – 250 gms, cooked until just tender
- Groundnut Oil – 1 tblsp
- Fresh Beansprouts – 125 gms
- Cucumber – 3 1/4 inch piece, deseeded and cut into 1 1/2 inch batons
- Eggs – 4, hard-boiled
- Small Onion – 1, sliced into rings
For the Sauce:
- Coconut Milk – 4 tblsp, canned, reduced-fat
- Peanut Butter – 3 tblsp, sugar-free and smooth
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- Light Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
- Tabasco Sauce or any Chilli Sauce – a dash
- Roughly tear the lettuce leaves, if large, and arrange on 4 individual serving plates.
- Halve the beans and cut the carrots, as necessary, into batons.
- Arrange these with the potatoes on the plates. Cut the potatoes into chunks if large.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a high heat, add the beansprouts and stir-fry for 2 minutes until lightly cooked but still crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and sprinkle over the cooked vegetables with the cucumber.
- Peel and quarter the eggs, then arrange on top of the salad.
- Add the onion rings to the oil remaining in the frying pan and stir-fry over a high heat for 5 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- To make the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the salad.
- Top with the onion rings and serve immediately.