- Quinoa – 235 gms
- Water – 500 ml
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes – 10 (in oil, drained)
- Feta Cheese – 50 gms, crumbled
- Spring Onions – 2, white parts, chopped
- Mixed Fresh Herbs – 20 gms, chopped (basil, flat-leaf parsley, coriander)
- Stoned Black Olives – 50 gms, chopped
For the Dressing:
- Roasted Tomato Oil – 5 tblsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 3 tblsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the quinoa in a medium sized saucepan and cover with the water.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer over a low heat for 15 minutes.
- Drain if necessary.
- Rinse the grains thoroughly in a fine-mesh sieve and drain.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to the boil over a high heat, stir in the quinoa and return to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from the heat, fluff up the quinoa with a fork and transfer to a bowl.
- Leave to cool a little.
- Leave the quinoa to cool slightly before combining with the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, pour over the quinoa, toss and serve.