- Small Vine-Ripened Tomatoes – 350 gms, halved
- Garlic Cloves – 2, finely chopped
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Sea Salt – 1 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 4 tblsp
- Bulgar Wheat – 200 gms
- White Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Cucumber – 85 gms, peeled and diced
- Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Mint – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Pine Kernels – 2 tblsp, lightly toasted
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh Flat-Leaf Parsley Sprigs – to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Place the halved tomatoes in a roasting tin, cut side up.
- Scatter over the garlic, sugar and sea salt and drizzle with 2 tblsp of the olive oil.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until soft. Cool.
- Place the bulgar wheat in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover the grains.
- Cover the bowl and leave for 30 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Pour over the vinegar and the rest of the olive oil and stir thoroughly with a fork.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Stir the cucumber, chopped herbs and pine kernels into the wheat.
- Gently stir in the roasted tomatoes and any juices from the roasting tin.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve garnished with the parsley sprigs.