- Red Wine Vinegar or Fruit Vinegar – 3 tblsp
- Cooked Beetroot – 3, grated
- Tart Apples – 2, (such as granny smith)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Mixed Salad Leaves – 4 large handfuls, to serve
- Pecans – 4 tblsp, to garnish
For the Dressing:
- Plain Yogurt – 50 ml
- Mayonnaise – 50 ml
- Garlic Clove – 1, chopped
- Fresh Dill – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Sprinkle vinegar over the beetroot, cover with Clingfilm and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Core and slice the apples, place the slices in a dish and sprinkle with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the beetroot from the refrigerator and dress.
- Add the apples to the beetroot and mix gently to coat with the salad dressing.
- To serve, arrange a handful of salad leaves on each plate and top with a large spoonful of the apple and beetroot mixture.
- Toast the pecans in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Sprinkle over the beetroot and apple to garnish.