- Buckwheat Noodles – 200 gms
- Smoked Tofu – 250 gms, firm
- White Cabbage – 200 gms, finely shredded
- Carrots – 250 gms, finely shredded
- Spring Onions – 3, diagonally sliced
- Fresh Red Chilli – 1, deseeded and finely sliced into rounds
- Sesame Seeds – 2 tsp, lightly toasted
- Fresh Ginger – 1 tbsp, grated
- Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
- Silken Tofu – 175 gms,
- Tamari (Wheat free Soy Sauce) – 4 tsp
- Sesame Oil – 2 tblsp
- Hot Water – 4 tblsp
- Cook the noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or according to the instructions on the packet, until soft.
- To make the dressing, blend the ginger, garlic, silken tofu, tamari, oil and water together in a small bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Place the smoked tofu in a steamer.
- Steam for 5 minutes, then cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile put the cabbage, carrots, spring onions and chilli into a bowl and toss to mix.
- To serve, arrange the noodles in serving plates and top with the carrot salad and slices of tofu.
- Spoon over the dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.