- Carrots – 500 gms, roughly grated
- Spring Onions – 4, finely shredded
- Oranges – 2
- Raisins – 55 gms
- Fresh Coriander – 3 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Coriander Sprigs – to garnish (optional)
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- Orange Juice – 3 tblsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Ground Cumin – 1/2 tsp
- Ground Coriander – 1/2 tsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Place the carrot and spring onions in a large bowl and toss gently to mix.
- Using a serrated knife remove all the peel and pith from the oranges. Then cut into segments between the membranes.
- Gently toss the orange segments into the bowl with the raisins and chopped coriander.
- To make the dressing, place the olive oil, orange and lemon juice, ground cumin and coriander in a bowl and whisk together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the carrot salad and toss thoroughly.
- Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve garnished with coriander sprigs, if using.