- Wild Rice – 225 gms
- Water – 900 ml
- Yellow Pepper – 1, skinned, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Red Pepper – 1, skinned, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Orange Pepper – 1, skinned, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Cucumber – 1/2, halved lengthways and sliced
- Orange – 1, peeled, pith removed and cubed
- Ripe Tomatoes – 3, cut into chunks
- Red Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Flat-leaf Parsley – handful, chopped
For the Dressing:
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the wild rice and water into a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Stir, cover and simmer for about 40 minutes or until the rice is firm to bite.
- Uncover the rice for the last few minutes to allow any excess water to evaporate.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Add extra vinegar, oil or seasoning if required.
- Drain the rice and turn into a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and mix in.
- Then mix in the chopped peppers, cucumber, orange, tomatoes, red onion and parsley.