2 cups chopped spinach
1 1/2 cups raw rice
3/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp jaggery powder
2 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp each black gram and oil
6-7 red chilies
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
Marble size tamarind
1 sprig curry leaves
2 each green chilies and onions, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Soak rice in water for 2 hours, wash well and drain out water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds, black gram, red chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fry till all are well roasted.
3. Add grated coconut, curry leaves and fry for a minute. Allow it to cool.
4. Add this roasted masala to the rice along with 2 cups of water, tamarind, jaggery, salt and grind them into a smooth batter in a blender.
5. Add the chopped ingredients into the batter.
6. Heat a greased dosa pan, keep little mixture on the pan, spread it and sprinkle some oil on the dosa. Fry on both sides until brown.
7. Serve hot with butter