2 cups chopped spinach
1 1/2 cups raw rice
3/4 cup grated coconut
2 tbsp jaggery powder
2 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tbsp each black gram and oil
6-7 red chilies
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds
Marble size tamarind
1 sprig curry leaves
2 each green chilies and onions, chopped
Salt to taste
1. Soak rice in water for 2 hours, wash well and drain out water.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add fenugreek seeds, black gram, red chilies, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and fry till all are well roasted.
3. Add grated coconut, curry leaves and fry for a minute. Allow it to cool.
4. Add this roasted masala to the rice along with 2 cups of water, tamarind, jaggery, salt and grind them into a smooth batter in a blender.
5. Add the chopped ingredients into the batter.
6. Heat a greased dosa pan, keep little mixture on the pan, spread it and sprinkle some oil on the dosa. Fry on both sides until brown.
7. Serve hot with butter
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !