- French Beans – 450 gms
- Onion – 1 small, finely chopped
- Garlic – 1 clove, chopped
- Parmesan Cheese – 4 tblsp, freshly grated
- Walnuts or Almonds – 2 tblsp, chopped, to garnish
For the Dressing:
- White Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- Fresh Tarragon – 2 tsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper as per taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh the beans under cold running water.
- Drain and put into a mixing bowl and add the onion, garlic and cheese.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients in a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Cover with cling film and chill for at-least 30 minutes.
- Remove the salad from the refrigerator 10 minutes before serving.
- Give it a quick stir and transfer to serving dishes.
- Toast the nuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until they begin to brown.
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts over the salad and serve.