- Puy Lentils – 85 gms
- New Potatoes – 450 gms
- Spring Onions – 6
- Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Rinse the lentils and then cook for about 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, rinse and leave to one side.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and halve.
- Trim the base from the spring onions and cut in long strips.
- Put the lentils, potatoes and spring onions into a serving dish and toss with the olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with plenty of pepper and a little salt if required.