- Asparagus Spears – 225 gms
- Lamb’s Lettuce – 1, washed and torn
- Rocket Leaves – 25 gms
- Ripe Tomatoes – 450 gms, sliced
- Black Olives – 12, stoned and chopped
- Pine Kernels – 1 tblsp, toasted
For the Dressing:
- Lemon Oil – 1 tsp
- Olive Oil – 1 tsp
- Wholegrain Mustard – 1 tsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper as required
- Steam the asparagus spears for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Rinse under cold running water to prevent them cooking any further, then cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce and rocket leaves around a salad platter to form the base of the salad.
- Place the sliced tomatoes in a circle on top and the asparagus in the centre.
- Add the olives and the pine kernels.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well-blended.
- Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !