- Mixed Salad Leaves – 100 gms (such as rocket leaves, baby spinach and oak leaf lettuce)
- Smoked Mozzarella – 500 gms, sliced
For the Dressing:
- Sun-dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil – 150 gms, reserving the oil from the bottle
- Fresh Basil – 15 gms, roughly shredded
- Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley – 15 gms, roughly shredded
- Capers – 1 tblsp, rinsed
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, roughly chopped
- Extra Olive Oil – if required
- Pepper as per taste
- To make the dressing, put the sun-dried tomatoes, basil, parsley, capers, vinegar and garlic in a blender.
- Measure the oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar and make it up to 150 ml with more olive oil if necessary.
- Add it to the blender and process until smooth.
- Season with pepper
- Divide the salad leaves between 4 serving plates.
- Top with the slices of mozzarella and spoon the dressing over them.
- Serve immediately.