- Greek Feta Cheese – 200 gms
- Iceberg Lettuce – 1/2 head (or 1 Lettuce such as COS or Escarole), shredded or sliced
- Tomatoes – 4, quartered
- Cucumber – 1/2, sliced
- Greek Black Olives – 12, stoned
- Fresh Herbs – 2 tblsp, chopped, such as oregano, flat-leaf parsley, mint or basil
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper as required
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Set aside.
- Cut the feta cheese into cubes of about 1 inch square.
- Put the lettuce, tomatoes and cucumber in a salad bowl.
- Scatter over the cheese and toss together.
- Just before serving, whisk the dressing, pour over the salad leaves and toss together.
- Scatter over the olives and chopped herbs and serve.