- Spring Onions – 4, chopped
- Fresh Ginger – 1 inch piece, finely chopped
- Garlic – 4 cloves, 2 crushed and 2 chopped
- Vegetable or Groundnut Oil – 3 tblsp
- Skinless and Boneless Chicken Breasts – 4, cut into cubes
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Baby Corn – 115 gms, halved
- Mange tout – 115 gms, halved lengthways
- Red Pepper – 1, deseeded and sliced
- Cucumber – 3 inch piece, peeled and deseeded and sliced
- Soy Sauce – 4 tblsp
- Soft Light Brown Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Thai Basil Leaves – few
- Fine Egg Leaves – 175 gms
- Mix together the spring onions, ginger, crushed garlic and 2 tblsp of the oil in a shallow dish and add the chicken.
- Cover and marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Lift the meat out of the marinade and set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the remaining oil.
- Cook the onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped garlic, baby corn, mange tout and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the cucumber, half the soy sauce, the sugar and the basil and mix gently.
- Soak the noodles for 2-3 minutes or until tender, and drain well.
- Sprinkle the remaining soy sauce over them and arrange on plates.
- Top with the cooked vegetables.
- Add a little more oil to the wok if necessary and cook the chicken over a fairly high heat until browned on all sides and cooked through.
- Arrange the chicken cubes on top of the salad and serve hot or warm.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !