Chinese Chicken Salad is a colourful dish where marinated chicken breast is stir-fried and tossed with an assortment of vegetables, noodles and drizzled with a sesame-olive oil dressing.
Chinese Chicken Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Chinese Chicken Salad
- 3 Chicken Breast boneless, skinless cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp White Pepper freshly ground
- 2 tblsp Groundnut Oil plus extra for deep frying
- 50 gms Thin Rice Noodles
- 1 head Chinese Leaves thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 Spring Onions green parts included, sliced diagonally
- 40 gms Almonds with Skin sliced lengthways
- Sesame Seeds optional
For the Dressing:
- 5 tblsp Olive Oil – 5
- 3 tblsp Rice Vinegar – 3 tblsp
- 3 tblsp Soy Sauce – 3 tblsp
- few drops Sesame Oil
- Salt as required
- Black Pepper Powder
How to make Chinese Chicken Salad
- Sprinkle the chicken with the soy sauce and white pepper.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the groundnut oil.
- Stir-fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- Wipe out the wok.
- Pour enough groundnut oil for deep frying into the wok.
- Heat to 180C/350F or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds, then fry a few noodles at a time until puffed up and crisp.
- Arrange the Chinese leaves in a shallow serving dish.
- Place the noodles in a pile on top of the leaves on one side of the dish.
- Arrange the chicken, spring onion and almonds in the remaining space.
- Whisk the dressing again and pour over the salad.
- Dress with the sesame seeds, if using.