- Chicken Breast – 3, boneless, skinless cut into bite-sized pieces
- Soy Sauce – 2 tsp
- White Pepper – 1/4 tsp, freshly ground
- Groundnut Oil – 2 tblsp, plus extra for deep frying
- Thin Rice Noodles – 50 gms
- Chinese Leaves – 1 head, thinly sliced diagonally
- Spring Onions – 3, green parts included, sliced diagonally
- Almonds with Skin – 40 gms, sliced lengthways
- Sesame Seeds – to garnish (optional)
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Rice Vinegar – 3 tblsp
- Soy Sauce – 3 tblsp
- Sesame Oil – few drops
- Salt and Pepper as required
- Sprinkle the chicken with the soy sauce and white pepper.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients together in a bowl until well blended.
- Heat a wok over a high heat, then add the groundnut oil.
- Stir-fry the chicken for 4-5 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper and allow to cool.
- Wipe out the wok.
- Pour enough groundnut oil for deep frying into the wok.
- Heat to 180C/350F or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds, then fry a few noodles at a time until puffed up and crisp.
- Arrange the Chinese leaves in a shallow serving dish.
- Place the noodles in a pile on top of the leaves on one side of the dish.
- Arrange the chicken, spring onion and almonds in the remaining space.
- Whisk the dressing again and pour over the salad.
- Dress with the sesame seeds, if using.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !