- Boneless Cooked Chicken – 600 gms, any skin removed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- Celery Sticks – 3, chopped
- Red Peppers – 2 large skinned, well drained and sliced
- Salt and Pepper as required
- Iceberg Lettuce Leaves – to serve
For the Pesto Cream
- Soured Cream – 150 ml
- Bottled Pesto Sauce – 4 tblsp
- To make the pesto cream, put the soured cream into a large bowl, then beat in the pesto sauce.
- Taste and add more pesto if you want a stronger flavour.
- Add the chicken, celery and red peppers to the bowl and gently toss together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and toss again.
- Cover and chill until required.
- Remove the salad from the fridge 10 minutes before serving to return to room temperature.
- Give the salad ingredients a good stir, then divide between individual plates lined with lettuce leaves.