- Juicy Beefsteak Tomatoes – 2 large, sliced
- Smoked Chicken – 600 gms, skinned and cut into slices
- Fresh Watercress – 250 gms, any thick stems or yellow leaves removed, then rinsed and patted dry
- Bean sprouts – 85 gms, soaked for 20 minutes in cold water, then drained well and patted dry
- Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley or Coriander Sprigs – handful of leaves
For the Dressing:
- Soft Avocado – 1 ripe
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Tarragon Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Greek Yogurt – 85 gms
- Garlic – 1 small clove, crushed
- Fresh Tarragon Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- To make the dressing, put the avocado, lemon juice and vinegar in a blender and process until smooth, scraping down the side with a rubber spatula.
- Add the yogurt, garlic and tarragon leaves and process again.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a bowl.
- Cover with cling film and chill for 2 hours.
- To assemble the salad, divide the tomato slices between 4-6 individual plates.
- Toss the smoked chicken, watercress, bean sprouts and parsley leaves together.
- Divide the salad ingredients between the plates.
- Adjust the seasoning in the dressing, if necessary.
- Spoon the dressing over each salad and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !