- Sunflower Oil – 2 tblsp, plus extra for grilling
- Tomato Puree – 1 tblsp
- Cumin – 1/2 tblsp, ground
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Cayenne Pepper – pinch
- Lamb Neck Fillets – 500 gms, trimmed of any visible fat
- Oil for brushing
- Salt and Pepper
- Toasted Sesame Seeds – to garnish
- Flat-leaf Parsley Sprigs – fresh, to garnish
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
- Clear Honey – 1 tsp
- Greek Yogurt – 85 gms
- Fresh Mint – 2 tblsp, finely shredded
- Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Fresh Chives – 1 tblsp, finely snipped
- Mix the 2 tblsp of oil, tomato puree, cumin, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste together in a non metallic bowl.
- Add the lamb fillets and rub all over with the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but ideally overnight.
- To make the dressing, whisk the lemon juice and honey together until the honey dissolves.
- Whisk in the yogurt until well blended.
- Stir in the herbs and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill until required.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge 15 minutes before you are ready to cook.
- Brush the grill rack with oil.
- Grill the lamb fillet, turning it once, for 10 minutes for medium and 12 minutes for well done.
- Leave the lamb to cool completely, then cover and chill until required.
- Thinly slice the lamb fillets, then divide between 4 plates.
- Pour the dressing over the lamb slices, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and parsley and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !