- Dried Conchiglie Pasta – 125 gms
- Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Onion – 1, medium chopped
- Garlic – 2 cloves, crushed
- Yellow Pepper – 1, small, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- Spicy Pork Sausage – 175 gms, (such as chorizo, italian pepperoni or salami) skinned and sliced
- Red Wine – 2 tblsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Mixed Salad Leaves – 125 gms
- Salt as required
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil.
- Add the pasta and return to the boil.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes until just tender.
- Drain the pasta and reserve.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and fry until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, yellow pepper and sliced sausage and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add the wine, vinegar and reserved pasta to the pan.
- Stir to blend well and bring the mixture just to the boil over a medium heat.
- Arrange the salad leaves on 4 large serving plates, spoon over the warm sausage and pasta mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !