- Ripe Figs – 9 to 12, depending on size
- Dry-cured Italian Ham – 6 thin slices
- Salami – 12 thin slices
- Fresh Basil Sprigs – 1 small
- Fresh Mint Sprigs – few
- Rocket Leaves – a small bunch
For the Dressing:
- Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp, freshly squeezed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 4 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper – as required
- Trim the stems of the figs to leave just a short length, then cut the figs into quarters.
- Arrange the ham and salami on a large serving platter.
- Wash and dry the herbs and rocket leaves and put in a bowl with the prepared sigs.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the herbs and salad leaves and carefully turn the figs and leaves in the dressing until they are well coated.
- Spoon the figs and salad onto the meat and arrange around the platter.