- Canned Artichoke Hearts in Oil – 275 gms, drained
- Small Tomatoes – 4
- Sun-dried Tomatoes in Oil – 25 gms, drained
- Prosciutto – 40 gms
- Black Olives – 25 gms, stoned and halved
- Fresh Basil Sprigs – handful
- Fresh Crusty Bread – to serve
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Garlic Clove – 1, crushed
- Mild Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Clear Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as required
- Drain the artichoke hearts thoroughly and then cut them into quarters and put into a serving bowl.
- Cut each fresh tomato into wedges.
- Slice the sun-dried tomatoes into thin strips.
- Cut the prosciutto into thin strips and add to the bowl with the tomatoes and olive halves.
- Keeping a few basil sprigs whole for garnishing, tear the remainder of the leaves into small pieces and add to the bowl containing the other salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss together.
- Garnish the salad with a few basil sprigs and serve with crusty bread.
Note: Prosciutto is an Italian word for ham. In English, the term prosciutto is almost always used for a dry-cured ham that is usually sliced thinly and served uncooked; this style is called prosciutto crudo in Italian and is distinguished from cooked ham, prosciutto cotto.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !