- Baby Spinach Leaves – 275 gms
- Pancetta – 150 gms
- Mixed Wild Mushrooms – 280 gms, sliced
For the Dressing:
- Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Sugar – a pinch
- Salt as required
- Pepper as per taste
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Rinse the baby spinach under cold running water, then drain and place in a large salad bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the pancetta and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until tender.
- Pour the dressing into the frying pan and immediately turn the fried mixture and dressing into the bowl with the spinach.
- Toss until coated with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
Note: Pancetta is a type of dry cured meat, similar to bacon. It is pork belly that has been salt cured and spiced and dried for about three months.