- Small Pumpkin – 1, cut half and deseeded
- Red Onions – 2, cut into wedges
- Olive Oil for brushing
- French Beans – 100 gms, topped and tailed and cut in half
- Roast Pork – 600 gms, trimmed of any visible fat and cut into bite sized chunks
- Rocket Leaves – large handful
- Feta Cheese – 100 gms, drained and crumbled
- Pine Kernels – 2 tblsp, toasted
- Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley – 2 tblsp, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Pepper as required
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 6 tblsp
- Balsamic Vinegar – 3 tblsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp
- Dijon or Wholegrain Mustard – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the pumpkin halves into wedges about 1 1/2 inches wide.
- Very lightly brush the pumpkin and onion wedges with the olive oil, place in a roasting pan and roast for 25-30 minutes until the pumpkin and onions are tender but holding their shape.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh the beans under cold running water.
- Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Remove the pumpkin and onion wedges from the oven as soon as they are tender-crisp and leave to cool completely.
- When the pumpkin is cool, peel and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Put the pumpkins, onions, beans, pork, rocket, feta, pine kernels and parsley in a large bowl, pour over the dressing and gently toss until coated.
- Serve immediately.