- Olive Oil – 4 tblsp
- Rashers of Streaky Bacon – 4, diced
- Thick Slice of White Bread – 1, crusts removed, cut into cubes
- Fresh Spinach – 450 gms, torn or shredded
- Heat 2 tblsp of the olive oil over a high heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the diced bacon to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until crisp.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, draining carefully, and set aside.
- Toss the cubes of bread in the fat remaining in the pan over a high heat for about 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Remove the croutons with a slotted spoon, draining carefully, and set them aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan and heat.
- Toss the spinach in the oil over a high heat for about 3 minutes, or until it has just wilted.
- Turn into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the bacon and croutons.
- Serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !