- Cos Lettuce Hearts – 2, roughly torn
- Eggs – 4
- Sunflower Oil – 2 tblsp
- Thick Slices of White Bread – 2, crusts removed, cut into cubes
- Smoked Bacon Lardons – 225 gms
- Cherry Tomatoes – 12, halved
For the Dressing:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Red Wine Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- Pepper as required
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended. Put all the lettuce leaves in a salad bowl.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil and boil for 4 minutes. Drain and plunge the eggs into cold water for 2 minutes. Peel off the shells and cut into quarters.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large frying pan and fry the bread cubes for 3 to 4 minutes, turning frequently until golden brown.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the bacon lardons to the pan and fry over a medium-high heat until crisp and golden.
- Add the tomatoes and dressing to the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Gently toss the bacon, tomatoes and dressing into the salad leaves.
- Add the quartered eggs and scatter over the croutons.
- Serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !