- Beef Fillet – 750 gms, trimmed of any visible fat
- Worcestershire Sauce – 2 tsp
- Olive Oil – 3 tblsp
- French Beans – 400 gms
- Orecchiette Pasta – 100 gms, dried
- Red Onions – 2, finely sliced
- Radicchio – 1 large head
- Green Olives – 50 gms, stoned
- Hazelnuts – 50 gms, shelled, whole
- Pepper as per taste
For the Dressing:
- Dijon Mustard – 1 tsp
- White Wine Vinegar – 2 tblsp
- Olive Oil – 5 tblsp
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Rub the beef with pepper to taste and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat 2 tblsp of the oil in a small roasting tin over a high heat, add the beef and sear on all sides.
- Transfer the dish to the preheated oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove and leave to cool.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, add the beans and cook for 5 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and refresh the beans under cold running water.
- Drain and put into a large bowl.
- Return the bean cooking water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 11 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, return to the saucepan and toss with the remaining oil.
- Add the pasta to the beans with the onions, radicchio leaves, olives and hazelnuts, mix gently and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Arrange some thinly sliced beef on top.
- To make the dressing, put all the ingredients into a small screw-top jar and shake until well blended.
- Pour over the salad and serve immediately with extra sliced beef.
- Season with extra pepper if desired.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !