1 cup Maida
1 pinch Turmeric Powder
1 pinch Salt
2 tsp Ghee
Water enough to make dough
6 tbsp Oil
Oil / Ghee for frying
1 1/2 cup Jaggery
1 1/4 cup Bengal Gram Dal
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
* Blend the ghee and masala with the maida. Using water make a soft smooth dough.
* Leave under a wet cloth for 40-50 minutes. Knead again.
* Put in the 6 tbsps oil and knead till completely absorbed. Cover and leave aside for 4 hours.
* Put the dal in the cooker till one whistle. Drain the water.
* Grind to a paste and with the jaggery and cardamom powder. The filling should not be watery.
* Make small balls of the filling. Divide the dough into small balls and flatten them.
* Place one ball of filling on the dough and cover and seal up the filling.
* Carefully roll out the dough into thick puris making sure the filling does not come out.
* Fry on a tawa pouring ghee around it. Cook on both sides. Puran Poli is ready to be served.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !