You don’t have to pit the cherries for this punch, because you’re going to strain them out later, but if you’d like to blend them up with ice for a daiquiri or an adult smoothie, you must pit them first.
- 1 quart sweet cherries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 bottle kirsch (1 pint)
- 2 bottles champagne (750 milliliters each)
- Crush the cherries lightly with your hands.
- Add the kirsch.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 days.
- Strain the kirsch through a sieve and discard the cherry pulp and pits.
- Place a large block of ice in a medium punch bowl.
- Add the kirsch, pour in the champagne, and stir.