1/2 cup moong (yellow dal) dal
1/2 cup masoor (split red lentils) dal
1/2 cup black gram dal
1/2 cup toovar (yellow lentil/ pulse) dal
3 onions, grated
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. Coriander powder
1 tsp.Garam masala
3 tbsp.ghee (clarified butter) or oil
Salt and red chili according to taste
1. Wash all the dals together.
2. Add 4 teacups of water and cook until done in a pressure cooker.
3. Heat the oil and fry the onions till light pink in color.
4. Add the tomatoes and cook again for 5 minutes.
5. Add the cooked dals, coriander powder, garam masala , red chilies and salt.
Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !