Raw Banana – 2ig (Plantain)
Onions – 4 or 5 large
Galric – 10 flakes
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Salt – as required
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard powder – 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek powder – 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes – 1/2 kg
Oil – for deep frying.
1. Remove skin from banana, cut into 1/2″ thick round pieces and deep fry till brown.
2. Roast mustard and fenugreek separately in an empty pan and pwoder separately.
3. Blanch tomatoes in hot water for few minutes, remove the skin and mash into a thick pulp.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, fry onions and galric till gloden brown.
5. Add ginger galric paste.
6. Fry for few minutes, then pour tomato pulp and cook till it turns thick.
7. Add salt, chilli powder, jeera powder and pour just enough water.
8. Allow it to boil and add deep fried banana pieces, cook till the gravy turns thick.
9. Sprinkle mustard powder, fenugreek powder and garam masala before removing from fire.
10. Garnish with corinader leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !