Egg – 1, large
Milk – 125 ml
Maida – 125 gms
Butter – 2 tblsp, soft
Caster Sugar – 2 1/2 tblsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chocolate Chips – 100 gms, plain
Vanilla Extract – 1/2 tsp
1. Add the flour and baking powder to a bowl.
2. Add butter and mix well till the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
3. Add sugar and chocolate chips.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the egg, vanilla extract and milk.
5. Pour this into the flour bowl and mix till it has a lumpy consistency.
6. Spoon the mixture into muffin trays or cups.
7. Place them on a muffin tin or tray.
8. Bake them in a preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 200C until well risen and firm.
9. Remove and cool.
Image credit: Sunshine Hanan/Flickr