Nellikai (Amla) – 6, big size
Sugar – 200 gms
Ghee – 100 ml
Elaichi Powder – little
Cashewnuts – few
Kesari Powder – a pinch
1. Soak the amla’s in boiling hot water for 30 minutes.
2. Remove and crush them. Discard the seeds and grind the flesh in a mixie.
3. Heat a little ghee in a pan.
4. Add the amla paste and stir-fry for a minute.
5. Add the sugar, kesari powder and warmed ghee.
6. Stir well.
7. Add the elaichi powder and cashewnuts.
8. Once the halwa starts to thicken, remove and allow to cool.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.